Bacteria currently classified in the genus Lactobacillus are a paraphyletic group of gram-positive, non-spore forming, mostly non-respiratory, but aerotolerant, lactic acid bacteria (LAB), comprising at this time more than 237 species and 29 subspecies.
Lactobacillus are members of the lactic acid bacteria (LAB), a broadly defined group characterized by the formation of lactic acid as the sole or main end product of carbohydrate metabolism.
In particular, the Lactobacillus species found in the GIT have received tremendous attention due to their health-promoting properties. For many decades, lactobacilli have been used as an effective therapy for treatment of several pathological conditions displaying an overall positive safety profile.
- It is non-pathogenic and non-toxic
- Resistant to gastric acid and proteolysis- can withstand the harsh environment of the stomach and bile juices to reach the intestine safely where it colonizes.
- Lactose Intolerance
- Reducing the Cholesterol
- Promotes digestion
- Constipation and Diarrhoea
- Enhances the Immunity system
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Lactose intolerance
- Cholesterol reduction
- Immunity enhancement
- Synthesizes Vitamins, bacteriocins and digestive enzymes
- Plays an important role in cholesterol metabolism
- Resistant to heat, gastric acid and antibiotics1
- Produces (L+) Lactic acid
- Naturally encapsulated
- Spores slowly excreted out of the body (10-12 days) after discontinuation of administration.
|Lactobacillus acidophilus||Lactobacillus reuteri||Lactobacillus salivarius||Lactobacillus rhamnosus|
|Lactobacillus brevis||Lactobacillus plantarum||Lactobacillus sanfranciscensis||Lactobacillus fermentum|
|Lactobacillus buchneri||Lactobacillus helveticus||Lactobacillus jensenii||Lactobacillus oris|
|Lactobacillus casei||Lactobacillus bulgaricus||Lactobacillus cripatus||Lactobacillus johnsonii|
|Lactobacillus paracasei||Lactobacillus delbrueckii||Lactobacillus gasseri||Lactobacillus diolivorans|
|Appearance:||White to off white color powder|
|Loss on Drying:||NMT 5.0%|
|ASSAY:||10 Million CFU, 10 Billion CFU, 100 Billion CFU, 300 Billion CFU|