The name Streptococcus is derived from the Greek word which means “twisted berry” it is seen under the microscope as a chain that resemble a string of beads. Thermophilus is a Greek term which means heat, referring to an organism that is able to survive extreme cases of heat.
Streptococcus Thermophilus is a gram positive bacterium belonging to the phylum Firmicutes, Family Streptococcaceae and order lactobacillales.
S. thermophilus is classified as a nonpathogenic, single Streptococcus species to possess a generally recognized as safe (GRAS) status.
It is used in manufacturing fermented food,
It possess probiotic properties in adequate amount conferring a health benefit to the host.
- Has antibacterial activity against intestinal microbes
- Antibiotic associated Diarrhoea
- Rotavirus induced Diarrhoea in Infants
- Plays a major role in Enteric Dialysis for Renal Failure
- Positive impact on the ceramide (a skin protective agent) levels.
- Protects underlying tissue from infection, dehydration, exposure to chemical and mechanical stress.
- Significantly improves the level of sphingomyelinase
- Reduction in colonization of Nasal Pathogenic Bacteria
- Maintain cholesterol levels
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Supports Folic Acid production
- Effective against bacterial vaginosis.
- Used as a Food supplement as shows stable growth rate in children.
- Potential therapeutic agent against Associated Chronic Gastritis, caused by various factors like excess alcohol, infection, intensive consumption of anti-inflammatory drugs with Helicobacter pylori or may be stress.
- Helps to improve Lactose tolerance, Streptococcus thermophiles is efficient in breaking down lactose as it produces the enzyme Lactase.
|Appearance:||White to off white color powder|
|Loss on Drying:||NMT 5.0%|
|ASSAY:||10 Million CFU, 10 Billion CFU, 100 Billion CFU, 300 Billion CFU|